Mercedes-Benz (Daimler) Partner With Ocean Protocol To Allow The Ability To Build A Secure Enterprise B2B Data Marketplace To Monetize & Put Data To Work
Due To The Significance Of This Announcement I will Do Things Slightly Different & Provide Some Information On Both Ocean Protocol & Daimler As This May Draw The Attention Of New Investors Who Do Not Know What Ocean Protocol Are All About.
Ocean Protocol Delivers Proof-Of-Concept For Daimler AG In Collaboration With Daimler South East Asia
- Ocean Protocol has successfully delivered a pilot project for Daimler.
- The focus of the collaboration was to explore decentralized data orchestration for Daimler, involving all the components of the Ocean Protocol with an end-to-end solution using the Ocean blockchain network, access control, data discovery, decentralized storage and Ocean’s latest release Compute-to-Data.
- This project is an important step in showing that decentralized solutions can be deployed for enterprises by using the leading-edge capabilities of the Ocean Protocol technology stack.
- Daimler AG has an international footprint where every business unit could participate in a data sharing ecosystem internally within Daimler and externally with service partners.
- The need for easy data sharing across the company structure calls for decentralized technologies, where on-boarding, user authentication and sharing can be activated while ensuring security and allowing participating companies to maintain control over their data.
- “We are honored to deliver this pilot project for Daimler, a company with a clear vision on how blockchain technology can unlock data sharing and make operations more efficient. With this pilot, Daimler demonstrates its continued leadership in the automotive industry,” stated Bruce Pon, Founder of Ocean Protocol.
- Hartmut Mueller, Vice President IT Technology & Cross Functions, Daimler AG, added, “We believe in the power of Blockchain to unlock the value of data in a decentralized way. On our journey towards a data driven company this collaboration with Ocean protocol enables us to build a secure enterprise B2B data marketplace to monetize and put data to work”.
- The project, which involved Daimler’s Stuttgart headquarters and it’s Singapore manufacturing hub, lets large enterprises feel more comfortable about sharing data and extracting insights from hitherto undiscovered datasets, while keeping tabs on who’s looking at what.
- “We believe in the power of blockchain to unlock the value of data in a decentralized way,” Daimler technology VP Hartmut Mueller said in a statement. “On our journey towards a data-driven company this collaboration with Ocean protocol enables us to build a secure enterprise B2B data marketplace to monetize and put data to work.”
- Following the example of big tech, enterprises have realized data is the most valuable naturally occurring resource on the planet.
- Carmakers like Daimler, General Motors and BMW have been at the forefront when it comes to test-driving blockchain technology, exploring everything from vehicle identity to managing data from self-driving cars.
- Ocean Protocol founder Bruce Pon, who previously spent five years working in Daimler’s IT department, said “a company of that size can spend around $300 million a year simply trying to harmonize software, security measures and various types of administration costs that a transparent means of data sharing and reconciliation could slash.”
- “We have proved that internal and external data sharing works,” Pon said in an interview with CoinDesk. “Daimler’s IT departments can handle it and the business wants it. Blockchain can turn the company’s IT system from a cost center into a profit center.”
Mercedes Benz Manufacturer Daimler To Collect Data Using Blockchain
Who Is Ocean Protocol?
- Ocean Protocol is a tokenized service layer that exposes data, storage, compute and algorithms for consumption with a set of deterministic proofs on availability and integrity that serve as verifiable service agreements.
- There is staking on services to signal quality, reputation and ward against Sybil Attacks.
- Ocean helps to unlock data, particularly for AI. It is designed for scale and uses blockchain technology that allows data to be shared and sold in a safe, secure and transparent manner.
How Does Ocean Protocol Work?
- Ocean Protocol is at once a business, technical and governance framework that is interwoven together to allow data and services to be shared and sold in a secure manner. Ocean Protocol stores metadata, links to data, provides a licensing framework and has tool sets for pricing.
- A multitude of data marketplaces can hook into Ocean Protocol to provide “last mile” services to connect data providers and consumers.
- Ocean Protocol is designed so that data owners cannot be locked-in to any single marketplace. The data owner controls each data set.
What Problem Does Ocean Protocol Solve?
- Ocean Protocol unlocks data so it can be used productively.
- The world’s data is growing exponentially yet is massively under-utilized.
- Most companies have tremendous amounts of data but have difficulty exploiting it. Conversely, many others are starving for data, particularly in AI.
- Ocean Protocol allows data providers to share data while maintaining control and having transparency.
Who Are The Main Participants In Ocean Protocol?
- The main actors in Ocean Protocol are data providers, data consumers, data marketplaces, service providers and network keepers.
- Data providers offer data.
- Data consumers obtain data for their own use.
- Data marketplaces connect data producers and data consumers.
- Service providers provision computation, storage and algorithms for sale.
- Network keepers support Ocean’s protocol by running nodes within the network.
Who Are Ocean Protocol’s Competitors?
- Ocean is a protocol and network on which data marketplaces can be built to unlock data for sharing and selling.
- It enables data to be shared. Most other projects are decentralized / centralized marketplaces or data brokers.
- Ocean is complementary to both centralized & decentralized marketplaces because it provides an additional channel for the marketplaces to publish their services.
The People Building Ocean Protocol
- Ocean Protocol is being built by a diverse ecosystem of contributors who share a common vision of unlocking data for AI. The companies core team and advisors have converged from many different countries, industries and backgrounds to collaborate on kick starting a New Data Economy.
- The Ocean Protocol core team combines a deep background in big data, blockchain, artificial intelligence and data exchanges, with real-world business experience as entrepreneurs, designers and technologists who have started over 20 companies.
Obviously It Takes More Than Two People To Build A Successful Blockchain Project On The Scale Of What Ocean Protocol Are Aiming To Achieve But The Two Men Leading This Team & Their Experience Can Not Be Underestimated
BIO TRENT MCCONAGHY (Founder)
- I’m working on Ocean Protocol. We aim to make the opportunities and benefits in AI more equal. Ocean is a decentralized substrate for AI data & services. It’s designed to catalyze a data commons side-by-side with many data marketplaces, make verified & privacy-preserving compute more accessible and give provenance to training data, model building and prediction. This in turn can help catalyze autonomous driving, medical research and more. My long-term goal is to help ensure that humanity has a role in an increasingly autonomous world.
- I started my career by doing AI research for national defence in the 1990s, while still an undergraduate [paper].
- Then, in my first startup (ADA), we explored the relation between human creativity and AI-based machine creativity. Synopsys acquired ADA in 2004.
- I extended that work during my PhD from 2004–2008 and found a way to reconcile machine creativity with existing engineering knowledge. Here’s the book.
- In my second startup (Solido), we leveraged AI to help drive Moore’s Law, which was under threat due to high manufacturing variations. Here’s the book. Now, Solido software is used for most modern chip designs. Siemens acquired Solido in 2017.
- My third and current startup is all about democratizing data for the planet. We hatched ascribe (2013) and BigchainDB (2015). Our focus is on Ocean Protocol (2017).
Other Current Activities:
- Advise Estonia, Germany and other governments about blockchain & AI strategies.
- Co-organize Berlin Machine Learning meetup with 8K+ members [link].
- Ambassador to AI XPRIZE.
- Member of Advisory Board of Lifeboat Foundation.
- Keynotes & invited talks. Examples: TedX, DLD, Consensus, Convoco Forum, Stanford, MIT, Columbia, Berkeley, Santa Fe Institute, Jet Propulsion Lab, Sony, Nvidia, Samsung, IFA+ Summit, PyData Berlin, Data Natives, more.
- PhD in EE from KU Leuven, Belgium. Awarded #1 thesis worldwide in the field.
- BE EE and BsC CS from U Saskatchewan, Canada. Awarded #1 final year thesis.
- Did ML research for Canadian Department of National Defence in the second half of the 90s.
- Wrote 2 Books [1,2] on AI/ML, circuits and creativity. Also 35 Papers and 20 Patents on AI/ML.
- Co-organized workshops on AI/ML and circuits [e.g. 1,2,3,4]. TPC / reviewer for many conferences & journals [e.g. 1,2,3,4,5]. Lecturer at Data Science Retreat [link].
- Organized meetup “Singularity Meets Self Improvement” [link].
- Past projects: painting, BCI hacking, hypnosis, video game programming, surfing.
- Raised in a pig farm in Canada, hacking away on cold winter nights. 3D CAD tool, word processor, dozens of games.
- Member of Advisory Group for the e-Residency team of the Government of Estonia.
Bruce Pon (Founder/Board member)
Founder / Board Member
Jun 2017 — Present
Founder / CEO
May 2014 — Present
Berlin Area, Germany
Founder / CEO
Jun 2014 — Feb 20161 year 9 months
Founder / Partner
Jan 2009 — Jul 20145 years 7 months
Avantalion International Consulting GmbH
International Project Manager
Oct 2003 — Dec 20085 years 3 months
Daimler Financial Services AG
May 1996 — Mar 20025 years 11 months
- Ocean Protocol have over 35 advisors spanning the globe with recognized expertise in AI, blockchain, big data, business and policy.
- Advisors were carefully selected based on an alignment of values towards unlocking data and AI for society. Advisors work to build meaningful collaborations, refer potential business partners, integrate with the protocol and provide guidance on governance.
Some Of Ocean’s Partners & Early Customers?
- Singapore is the lead government partner for Ocean Protocol.
- Singapore is supporting an 18-month development road map with DEX and Ocean Protocol Foundation.
- The company are partnering up with numerous multinationals from insurance, pharma, automotive and other industries to develop the technology and provide data.
- Singapore-based healthcare company Connected Life has announced a partnership with Ocean Protocol where they will utilize blockchain technology and provide distributed data exchange protocols for Artificial Intelligence.
MoCoBerlin- The new Economy of Movement
- MoCoBerlin was held on 18 February 2020 and was a half day of discussions, working group updates and MOBI’s vision for the New Economy of Movement.
- MOBI Colloquiums explore the convergence of AI, IoT, Blockchain, Mobility and Smart Cities to build the minimum viable ecosystem for human mobility by fostering creative and professional growth alike.
- Europe has a plan to break Google and Amazon’s cloud dominance and Ocean Protocol will play a vital role.
- This Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) market of which Amazon makes up 48 per cent is worth $42.8 billion (£32.7 billion). It’s dominated by five companies, four American (IBM, Microsoft, Google, Amazon) and one Chinese (Alibaba). Their data centres provide the huge humming heat-spewing engines of the internet and host everything from small startups to big hitters such as Netflix, Spotify and AirBnb.
- Now Europe has a plan to challenge this US and Chinese cloud dominance, it’s called Gaia-X.
- The project is a collaboration between the European Commission, Germany, France and according to an email from a spokesperson for Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy “some 100 companies and organisations”. (Firms confirmed include SAP SE, Deutsche Telekom AG, Deutsche Bank AG, Siemens and Bosch.) The first proofs of concept for the European cloud are set to be ready towards the end of this year.
- “Data sovereignty is the key to GAIA-X,” says Harald Summa, the CEO of DE-CIX Group AG, a group involved in the project, especially given that our society is relying more and more heavily on digital services, it is in the interest of a state or a region to enable a certain level of independence from external service providers.
- dexFREIGHT are huge believers of Web 3 movement. They hold a firm belief that users always have the first right to their data and be able to monetize it.
- This belief has led them to partner with Ocean Protocol/BigchainDB and create a much-needed logistics data marketplace powered by smart contracts, whereby companies can buy and sell logistics data at their will and change the “rent seeking” paradigm that has plagued other marketplaces.
- One of the critical parameters in the data marketplace is pricing or valuation of user (shipment) data.
- Altoros want to make cloud, blockchain and artificial intelligence work for your business.
- Altoros is a professional services company that helped 50+ Global 2000 organizations to obtain sustainable competitive advantage through the adoption of innovative technologies and top-notch enterprise solutions.
- The company offer methodology, custom training, technology building blocks and deep industry knowledge for cloud automation, micro services, blockchain and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Boson is an almost trustless protocol that enables smart contracts to exchange crypto assets for physical products and services without the need for intermediaries or arbitrators.
- Boson Protocol programmatically handles refunds, expiry and complaints via a closed process governed by a breakthrough cryptoeconomic mechanism. This novel Bayesian game is incentive compatible with the objective function to maximise quality redemption transactions.
- Boson Protocol provides practical atomicity between payment and delivery of physical items ensuring that both transactions happens together or not at all.
- Zühlke was founded in Switzerland in 1968 and is now owned by partners.
- The group can draw on experience gained from more than 10,000 software and product development projects. Zühlke serves customers from a wide field of industries from machinery and plant engineering to medical technology and the financial sector.
- The company have local teams in Austria, Germany, Serbia, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Hong Kong, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
- With Zühlke Ventures they are also involved in the area of start-up financing for high-tech companies.
- Zühlke relies on the skills and expertise of its employees. This is why they invest a significant proportion of their turnover in training and further education. In this way they ensure that the specialist competencies essential to success are skilfully combined in interdisciplinary teams.
- Fitchain allows organizations to publish their business challenges and connect to data scientists who effectively work on a solution.
- Enigma is using groundbreaking privacy technologies to build the first platform for scalable, end-to-end decentralized applications.
IBM Watson AI XPRIZE®
- Ocean Protocol will help bring data and information to the IBM Watson AI XPRIZE® participants.
MOBI — Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative
- Using blockchain and related technologies to make mobility safer, greener and more accessible.
- Couger is building the integrated autonomous technology platform Connectome, which integrates AI, IoT, Robotics and Blockchain to achieve search, prediction and seamless payment execution in the autonomous world.
- Messari is building an open data library and curation tools that help researchers, investors and regulators make sense of the crypto asset industry.
- Unilever Foundry is Unilever’s global platform for partnering with the world’s best startups to accelerate business innovation on a global scale.
- The company identify and leverage the latest technologies from around the world and exchange knowledge to solve business challenges through collaboration with Unilever.
- Roche Diagnostics is a division of Roche which develops and integrates diagnostic solutions that address the challenges of today and anticipate the needs of tomorrow.
- DCI is committed to build South East Asia’s most intelligent digital commerce data platform that enables brands & retailers to better understand and effectively drive their eCommerce Performance.
- Data Natives brings together diverse strands of the global tech community.
- They aim to educate and inspire their 70,000+ community members and motivate them to shape the innovations of tomorrow.
Ocean Protocol is a decentralized data exchange protocol that unlocks data for AI. Ocean Protocol uses advanced…
Who Is Daimler?
- Daimler AG, commonly known and referred to as Mercedes, is a German multinational automotive corporation, headquartered in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg.
- The company founders, Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz made history by inventing the automobile in 1886.
- Daimler-Benz was formed with the merger of Benz & Cie and Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft in 1926.
- As a pioneer of automotive engineering, Daimler sees shaping the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable way as both a motivation and obligation.
- The company’s focus therefore remains on innovative and green technologies as well as on safe and superior vehicles that both captivate and inspire.
- Daimler continues to invest systematically in the development of efficient power trains from high-tech combustion engines and hybrid vehicles to all-electric power trains with battery or fuel cell with the goal of making locally emission-free driving possible in the long term.
- The company’s efforts are also focused on the intelligent connectivity of its vehicles, autonomous driving and new mobility concepts.
- Daimler regards it as its aspiration and obligation to live up to its responsibility to society and the environment.
- Daimler sells its vehicles and services in nearly every country of the world and has production facilities in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Africa.
- In addition to Mercedes-Benz, the world’s most valuable premium automotive brand (source: Interbrand study, 17 Oct. 2019), and Mercedes-AMG, Mercedes-Maybach and Mercedes me, its brand portfolio includes smart, EQ, Freightliner, Western Star, BharatBenz, FUSO, Setra and Thomas Built Buses as well as the brands of Daimler Mobility, Mercedes-Benz Bank, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services and Daimler Truck Financial.
- The company is listed on the Frankfurt and Stuttgart stock exchanges (ticker symbol DAI).
- In 2019, the Group had a workforce of around 298,700 and sold 3.34 million vehicles.
- Group revenues amounted to €172.7 billion and Group EBIT to €4.3 billion.
- Daimler AG is one of the world’s most successful automotive companies.
- With its Mercedes-Benz Cars & Vans, Daimler Trucks & Buses and Daimler Mobility divisions the Group is one of the leading global suppliers of premium cars and one of the world’s largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles.
- Daimler Mobility offers financing, leasing, fleet management, investments, credit card and insurance brokerage as well as innovative mobility services.
As Part Of The Companies Sustainable Business Strategy They Want:
- To make mobility and goods transportation more sustainable, with a clear commitment to CO₂ neutrality.
- To grow in their core business.
- To focus even more on the experience for the customer.
- To implement electric driving in all divisions as a priority.
- To promote automated and autonomous driving and mobility services with a focus on the benefit to the customer and profitability.
- To exploit the significant potential of digitization.
- To support this transformation with an agile culture that is practiced by the employees and increases the companies pace of innovation.
The Focus Of All These Activities Is On Improving The Companies Financial Strength Because That Is The Foundation Of Their Sustainable Business Strategy
- Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz Cars & Vans, Daimler Trucks & Buses and Daimler Mobility divisions each lay their own basis for profitable growth, competitiveness and sustainability in their segments.
Mercedes-Benz AG: About us.
The company will offer a range of electrified models in each segment, including 48-volt models, a wide choice of…
Strategy Trucks | Daimler Truck AG | Daimler Truck AG
Our strategy focuses on three areas: innovation leadership &sustainability, global market presence and global…
Strategy Buses | Daimler Truck AG | Daimler Truck AG
Buses have been an indispensable part of societies worldwide for more than a century. We believe their importance will…
The Strategy of Daimler Mobility | Daimler Mobility AG
Daimler Mobility AG is positioned for the future with its three core activities of financial services, fleet management…
MOVE (Reinvent The Invention)
- As the inventors of the automobile, it is of course in Daimler’s nature to keep re-inventing themselves.
- The companies focus in doing so is always on their customers and their needs and preferences. Daimler’s ambition is to offer sustainable solutions for the future of mobility and goods transportation.
- They want to inspire emotionally and convince rationally. In the passenger car business their goal is to strike a balance between sustainability and modern luxury. Daimler want to make their customers successful in their transportation business with innovative, highly efficient commercial vehicles.
- Daimler are consistently implementing their Ambition 2039 for CO₂-neutral mobility.
- For Daimler, sustainability is integral to their business strategy.
Perform (Daimler Create Sustainable Value)
- Daimler want to create value with fascinating vehicles that inspire their customers.
- The focus is on achieving their goals for returns and a solid cash flow.
- The company want to work with partners to develop new technologies and share development costs. They want to continue their profitable growth and to build on their leading position in all business segments around the world.
Transform (Reinvent Ourselves)
- Transformation is a long-term process of adjustment which the company will shape together with their employees.
- With an agile team that is willing to learn, Daimler are developing the necessary skills to deal with these new challenges.
- Daimler’s corporate culture creates the basis for the outstanding innovative ability of their employees. They practice diversity with Integrity being the companies inner compass.
With Daimler’s Sustainable Business Strategy, They Are Shaping The Transformation Of The Automotive Industry From A Leading Position In A Manner That Is Customer-Focused, Sustainable, Innovative & Commercially Successful.
Daimler Launches New Corporate Structure
- November 4, 2019 The Daimler Group launched its new corporate structure as planned on November 1, 2019.
- The separation of the car and van and the truck and bus businesses to two new subsidiaries took effect at the end of October with their respective entries in the commercial register.
- Three legally independent stock corporations now operate under the parent company Daimler AG.
- Mercedes-Benz AG is responsible for Mercedes-Benz Cars & Vans.
- All Daimler Trucks & Buses activities are conducted at Daimler Truck AG.
- Daimler Financial Services, which has been legally independent for many years was renamed Daimler Mobility AG in July.
- In addition to its longstanding business with vehicle financing and fleet management, Daimler Mobility is also responsible for mobility services.
- With these three subsidiaries Daimler is strengthening its customer focus and increasing the Group’s agility. Daimler AG continues to be the only listed company. As the parent company with approximately 6,000 employees it will be responsible for governance, strategy and control functions and will provide Group-wide services.
Project Future (New Supervisory Board Chairmen & Board Of Management Members
Project Future: New Supervisory Board Chairmen and Board of Management members | Daimler
September 25, 2019 - The Daimler group is taking the final steps to prepare for its new corporate structure with the…
With a distinctive twin-spoke design and seamlessly integrated buttons the new AMG Performance steering wheel creates…
Welcome to the official Web TV channel of Mercedes-Benz. Enjoy the latest reports and exciting insights into the…
Mercedes-AMG GmbH | LinkedIn
Mercedes-AMG GmbH | 70,389 followers on LinkedIn | "We are the fastest family in the world." | AMG - around the world…